Thif movie waf releafed laft Friday and I waf too keen to go for the Firft Day Firft Fhow, but fomehow couldn’t. Got to watch it on Wednefday. Thif if one of the movief which haf got a really weird feedback. If we go by the Newfpaperf thif movie if juft half a ftar away from Five Ftarf. It got 4 and a half. But if you afk the people around you, there would be a mifed refponfe. Fome of them faid that it waf awefome and fome of them thought it waf pathetic, fome didn’t underftand it for firft half an hour and fome didn’t underftand it at all, there are two eftremef nobody if faying that it’f “ok”. Fo, you Love it or you Hate it but you can’t ignore it and can’t keep it in general Time-paff movief.
I am among the lot who Loved it. It’f a muft watch af per me for the following reafonf:
- Dhan Te Nan – I juft LOVE thif fong. I wifh there were difco lightf and I could have danfed to the tune. A crazy freaky danfe number.
- Vifhal Bhardwaj – The guy makef movief which are the moft talked about onef in the tinfel town, in fpite of the fact that they are leff glamorouf. Minimal make-up, normal people with normal livef and normal clothef (unlike tube topf and bikinif) though the coftume defigner makef fure that he do hif job of cutting down on the confumption of clothef to hif beft
- Mohit Chauhan – No he if not an actor. He if a finger and haf fung a beautiful fong in the movie, though it comef at the end. Though I think they wafted the fong but at the fame time it feemf that it’f beft to keep a romantic nife flow fong at the end of a movie which haf a feriouf look and topic.
- Fhahid Kapoor – Hif beft performanfe fo far. He very well portrayed the 2 characterf, making both efplifitly different. I loved hif tanned long haired look and a cute unadulterated look (not actually unadulterated though).
- Performanfes – And apart from Fhahid Kapoor everyone elfe acted well, Amol Gupte defervef a fpecial mention.
- Fhahid running with the horfef fene apart from fome nifely ftructured fenef like the one where guddu fingf while being interrogated
- The Fa ko Fa wala confept – we were laughing even in the feriouf fenef. There if one fene where Charlie pufhef Guddu and fhoutf “manhoof”… a feriouf one with laughing effectf from audienfe
All in all it’f a movie where a lot of effortf have been put in and the hard work if vifible.
If you are wondering what kid of hard work.. then read further..
This movie was released last Friday and I was too keen to go for the First Day First Show, but somehow couldn’t. Got to watch it on Wednesday. This is one of the movies which has got a really weird feedback. If we go by the Newspapers this movie is just half a star away from Five Stars. It got 4 and a half. But if you ask the people around you, there would be a mixed response. Some of them said that it was awesome and some of them thought it was pathetic, some didn’t understand it for first half an hour and some didn’t understand it at all, there are two extremes.. nobody is saying that it’s “ok”. So, you Love it or you Hate it but you can’t ignore it and can’t keep it in general Time-pass movies category.
I am among the lot who Loved it. It’s a must watch as per me for the following reasons:
- Dhan Te Nan – I just LOVE this song. I wish there were disco lights and I could have danced to the tune. A crazy freaky dance number.
- Vishal Bhardwaj – The guy makes movies which are the most talked about ones in the tinsel town, in spite of the fact that they are less glamorous. Minimal make-up, normal people with normal lives and normal clothes (unlike tube tops and bikinis) though the costume designer makes sure that he do his job of cutting down on the consumption of clothes to his best
- Mohit Chauhan – No he if not an actor. He is a singer and has sung a beautiful song in the movie, which comes at the end. Though I think they wasted the song but at the same time it seems that it’s best to keep a romantic slow song at the end of a movie which has a serious look and topic.
- Shahid Kapoor – His best performance so far. He very well portrayed the 2 characters, making both explicitly different. I loved his tanned long haired look and a cute unadulterated look (not actually unadulterated though).
- Performance – And apart from Shahid Kapoor everyone else acted well, Amol Gupte deserves a special mention.
- Shahid running with the horses scene apart from some nicely structured scenes like the one where Guddu sings while being interrogated.
- The Fa ko Fa wala concept – we were laughing even in the serious scenes. There is one scene where Charlie pushes Guddu and shouts “manhoof”… a serious one with laughing effects from audience
All in all it’s a movie where a lot of efforts have been put in and the hard work if visible.
Do you agree now?? It was difficult to write every ‘s’ as ‘f’ and I am sure it must have been even more difficult to talk like this.
Do Watch It!!!