TBG tagged me here wayyyy back…
If you are a woman,
Have you ever wanted something that is considered ‘manly’ ? Like a basketball, a cell phone, a dog, a camera or a new laptop? A new car or motor bike? Ever wanted to be a pilot? A doctor or not a nurse? And the manliest want of them all – The remote!
As a kid did you enjoy playing with a bat and a ball?
There was a time when books were considered ‘manly’, women authors had to pretend to be men – would you say books are still rather manly – women should want to embroider and crochet?
If you are a man,
Have you ever wanted something that only women are supposed to want – like bags, shoes, clothes, creams, perfumes, babies, flowers? A peaceful home and a happy family? Have you ever been afraid of the dark or of insects?
As a kid did you ever want to play ‘teacher-teacher’, cooking or did you like playing with a doll? Have you ever enjoyed cooking? Bought something in pink? Loved chocolates?
So here’s the tag – Please list at least ten things you have ever wanted or done which your gender is not supposed to.
The tag is called ‘My Sins against Gender-Stereotypes’. And you must tag twelve blogging friends or else you will be cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years
- I HATE Chocolates
- I Love playing Video games, its one of the best stress busters for me😀
- Usually, I like guys who are younger to me
- I had a Dog and I loved him immensely, I was the one who would take him for a walk along with me (usually evenings & sometimes night)
- I was a bully in my school, fought* with boys numerous times (*fights not limited to words only)
- I somehow can’t talk like “aaungi, jaungi etc.’ with Mom & Dad….whenever I talk to them I talk like a guy…’mai late ho jaunga, mai khana bana lunga’ types…and As per my Mom & my bhai…I walk like a guy…. (something like Meg Ryan may be)
- I love hooting in the hall while watching a movie… and I feel sad for not watching Wanted on a theatre
- I don’t spend much time in front of a mirror, inspecting each strand of hair.
- If I had to live alone, m sure my room would look like that of a Bachelor….cluttered with everything around, whether I need it or not. It doesn’t mean that I don’t like to be organized but I would be more than happy if someone would do it for me while I lie on the couch watching soccer😛
- I love speed. Though I don’t drive,,,left it way back. But I have drove a car and a scooty and speed was the common factor in both the cases.
- I love wearing jeans with a khadi ka kurta…I have often been referred as Munnabhai😛
- I can’t remember if I have ever “blushed” :P
And I tag everyone who happen to read this post and haven’t yet done this tag. Yes…You, my dear reader; are tagged…and you better complete this one or else you will be cursed to wear blue pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years😛
Edit: All sinners are welcome to join this group on Facebook (started by IHM) – http://indianhomemaker.wordpress.com/2010/07/03/invitation-to-sinners-to-join-group-on-facebook/